Wednesday 23 March 2016

Getting Personal.

Good evening all.

As you will have noticed, all of my posts thus far have focussed on my work, whether it be my earlier acting career or, my more recent forays into the world of writing.  I think it is probably well past time that I expand upon that.

If you can detect a note of reluctance here, then congratulations.  You see, I am an intensely private person.  It is against my nature to broadcast my views, feelings and especially aspects of my personal life in this manner.  I find it exposes me in a way that makes me very uncomfortable.  Having said that, I realize that I need to engage more with my prospective audience.

Going forward therefore, I intend to post items of a more personal nature on this blog.  Exactly what, I cannot say at this juncture.  I am, however, open to suggestions.  If there is anything in particular that you, as my reader, wish to know about me, then please, feel free to ask.  I would also welcome any comments you may have an this, or indeed, any of my posts, past, present or future.

I should inform you at this stage that all comments are monitored by myself prior to them being published on this site.  I have no wish to censor anyone or block opposing viewpoints to my own.  The reason for this monitoring is that I have no wish to provide a platform for the various "trolls" and "keyboard warriors" that inhabit this environment.  I will not tolerate, abuse of any kind, and such posts will not see the light of day here.  If you object to my opinions in a reasonable and erudite manner then I will happily present your objection to the public and engage in an open discussion with you on whatever the subject may be.

I sincerely hope that this position meets with everyone's approval, and I look forward to presenting myself to you and engaging with you.

Thanks for reading.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment